Roasted garlic is soft and caramelized with a gentler flavor that is almost sweet. Perfect for spreading on bread, mashing into a salad dressing, or for adding extra flavor to homemade tortillas.
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
Cut off the stem of one bulb of garlic to expose cloves; place in center of a piece of foil. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over garlic, then loosely fold foil to enclose.
Roast garlic in oven until soft when pierced, 45-55 minutes; open packet and allow to cool.
Pop cloves out of their skins by squeezing the bulb from the base.
How to Use Roasted Garlic
- Spread it on bread just like butter and eat!
- Add to a vinaigrette, pesto, gravy or other sauce.
- Spread on pizza before adding other toppings.
- Add to mashed potatoes or toss with any cooked vegetables.
- Make compound butter — spread on cooked meat, fish, or chicken.
- Use to make Homemade Flour Tortillas.