Waldorf Salad with Chicken
A traditional Waldorf salad typically consists of apples, celery, and walnuts, dressed in a mayonnaise-based dressing. Some versions may also include grapes, raisins, or other fruits. The addition of chicken makes this version perfect for serving as a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
- 2 cans all-white chicken, drained and separated into smaller chunks
- 1 cup grapes, halved (red or green)
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- ¼ cup chives or scallions, chopped
- ¾ tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 lime, zested
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, apple, celery and walnuts.
In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients; add to salad ingredients and mix to combine.
Serve as a sandwich, wrap, or on lettuce for a nice salad.
Are you getting our farm newsletter?
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with what’s happening on our farm.
Our newsletters include announcements, farm happenings, what’s for sale this week, plus a broader view of life on the farm.